11 Apr 2016

Welcome to Dr Kate York, PA Department of Immunology and Pathology

Welcome to Dr Kate York, our new PA to Professor David Tarlinton, Head of the Department of Immunology and Pathology.

Kate says, "I completed a PhD in genetics at Melbourne University in 2009 and undertook my first post-doc in the same lab, working on alpacas, bats and other furry and not-so-furry critters. After that I completed my DipEd in secondary teaching but decided the teaching life wasn’t for me, so took on a combined research and administration role at Prince Henry’s Institute (now Hudson Institute). While there I worked on investigating the genetic basis of male-to-female transsexualism.

"From there I moved to a PA role at Monash University in the Physiology department, covering for someone who was on maternity leave. Then the opportunity to move to Immunology came up and I couldn’t resist. When I’m not at work I’m either knee deep in fabric (as an avid quilter with several published quilts), contemplating my next good meal and bottle of wine, or planning where I will travel to next."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment. We moderate all messages and may take a little time to review your comment. Please email inquiries to ccs.comms@monash.edu.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...