|CCS's 2018 Gender, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (GEDI) Committee. L-R: Dr Min Tan, Ms Amy Searle, Dr Maithili Sashindranath, Dr Kim Murphy, Dr Caroline Gurvich, Dr David Wright, Ms Ashleigh Clarke, Associate Professor Anneke van der Walt. The committee's email is email@example.com.|
Our objective is to provide a forum for staff and students at CCS to raise concerns and issues about diversity and inclusion. As guided by the Faculty, we address issues relevant to gender equity and respectfulness, cultural and linguistic diversity; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) communities; and staff and students with carer responsibilities, disabilities, mental health issues and those from Indigenous and underrepresented backgrounds (e.g. low socio-economic status).
We will also share information about the University’s diversity and inclusion strategies, and publicise diversity and inclusion initiatives and events occurring at AMREP and other university campuses via the CCS blog.
For our first venture, we will be sending out a link to a survey shortly to assess the GEDI-relevant needs of the CCS. If you want to bring a GEDI-relevant issue to our notice, this will be your chance; we would love to hear from you! We can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the CCS GEDI committee are:
- Chair - Dr Caroline Gurvich: email@example.com (Monash Alfred Psychiatry Research Centre)
- Deputy chair - Dr Maithili Sashindranath: firstname.lastname@example.org (Australian Centre for Blood Diseases)
- A/Prof Anneke Van Der Walt: email@example.com (Department of Neuroscience)
- Dr Min Tan: Sihmin.Tan@monash.edu (Department of Diabetes)
- Dr David Wright: firstname.lastname@example.org (Department of Neuroscience)
- Ms Amy Searle: email@example.com (PhD student, Baker Research Institute)
- Ms Ashleigh Clarke: firstname.lastname@example.org (CCS Research Manager)
- Dr Kim Murphy: email@example.com (Department of Immunology and Pathology)