The 7-9 Nov 2018 Monash University Translational Research Symposium is an exciting opportunity to acknowledge the achievements and showcase the ground breaking research being conducted at the Monash Health Translation Precinct (MHTP). See below for details
2018 MHTP Research Symposium details2018 MHTP Research Symposium will be held 7-9 November.
- 7 Nov 10:00am - 5:00pm, Seminar Rooms, MHTP Translational Research Facility (TRF)
- 8 Nov 9:00am - 6:30pm, Seminar Rooms, MHTP Translational Research Facility (TRF)
- 9 Nov 12:45pm - 3:30pm, Monash Health Kingston Education Centre, Room A
There will be two poster competitions via the same abstracts submissions link. You may enter both competitions if you meet the eligibility criteria.
- MHTP Research Symposium Poster Competition - open to all researchers based at Monash Health Translational Precinct. (Poster Session on Wednesday 7th November 12noon - 2pm at Monash Medical Centre Lecture Theatre 1 and 3 Foyers and Monash Children's Hospital Main Foyer).
- Monash University Translational Research Young Investigator Poster Competition - open to all Monash University Clinical Schools PhD students only. (Poster Session on Thursday 8th November, 12.30pm - 1.30pm, Boardroom, Level 7, Translational Research Facility, 45 Kanooka Grove, Clayton).
- The poster size is limited to portrait orientation in size A0: 841mm wide by 1189mm high. Due to space restrictions, no oversize posters can be accommodated
- Poster fonts must be large enough to be viewed from a distance of 90 cm (3 feet)
- Posters are to be mounted in the allocated display areas in the Monash Health Translational Research Precinct, on the day allocated to the relevant category and are to be removed at the end of the day
- Velcro fasteners will be used to fasten posters to the boards and these will be provided
- Winners will be notified so they can attend to accept their prize at the Prize Giving session on Thursday 8th November 2018 at 5pm in the Translational Research Facility Seminar Room 1
- Cardiovascular disease
- Child and neonatal health
- Diabetes, obesity, men’s health & reproduction and endocrinology
- Emergency medicine, anaesthetics, intensive care and surgery
- Inflammatory and infectious diseases
- Mental health and neurosciences
- Nursing and midwifery
- Public health and health services
- Women’s health and female reproduction
- Allied Health and Other (if Allied Health posters n<8, then AH to go to Public Health or Nursing/Midwifery category)
- Invited keynote speaker Professor Ian Frazer
- Best of the Best 2017-2018
- Early Career Researchers’ ‘Best of Emerging Researchers’ and ECR networking event
- PhD student showcase symposium
- Poster competition and prizes