What is the Monash ‘Neuroscience in a Flash’ Competition?
See more about Monash's Neuroscience capabilities
The ‘Neuroscience in a Flash’ Competition is a challenge for graduate research students, to creatively present their research thesis to a general audience, in three minutes, using only one slide!
As a result of the current COVID-19 restrictions, the Department of Neuroscience will be hosting the competition virtually, using Zoom:
- Session 1 (Mon 30 Nov, 12:30 - 1:30pm) - For Honours and PhD or Masters who are pre-confirmation
- Session 2 (Mon 14 Dec, 12:30 - 1:30pm) - For PhD or Masters post-confirmation
Register to attend here www.monash.edu/medicine/research/grad-research/monash-neuroscience-in-a-flash-competition-2020
Students: Why should you participate?
- Develop your academic, presentation and research communication skills
- Develop your ability to present and effectively communicate your research in language appropriate to your audience
- Celebrate your research and raise your public profile
- Have the chance to win great prizes
- The language used is appropriate to an intelligent lay audience (Comprehension).
- Your talk is engaging, dynamic and compelling (Enthusiasm and Engagement).
- Your presentation is innovative and makes it easy for the audience to understand your research (Communication)
Do you think you’re up for the challenge? Register today.
Any Honours, PhD and Professional Doctorate (Research) candidates enrolled through Monash University (including candidates whose thesis is under submission) by the date of this event are welcome to participate.
Host and judging panel nominations
The competition will feature three judges and a host from our #MonashNeuroscience community
Join the fun
Share your feedback and tell us who you think should win the People’s Choice Award for the best presentation using #MonashNeuroscience on social media.
Monash ‘Neuroscience in a Flash’ Competition Prizes
- 1st place winner
- People’s Choice Award
Monetary prizes awarded to all winners.
- Friday 30 October 2020: Host and judge nominations close
- Monday 2 November 2020: Selected host and judges will be notified
- Wednesday 11 November 2020: Competition registrations close
- Friday 13 November 2020: Finalists notified
- Monday 30 November 2020: Monash Neuroscience Speed Thesis Competition - virtual event
See more about neuroscience at Monash University
Register to attend here https://www.monash.edu/medicine/research/grad-research/monash-neuroscience-in-a-flash-competition-2020