|Blood donors wanted for Australian Centre for Blood Diseases |
research. Contact Nikki.Kara@monash.edu
We are recommencing our blood donor program for 2021 with the following changes:
1. We have increased the cleaning procedure. All surfaces the donor is in contact with are wiped before and after each donation with disinfectant.
2. The venipuncturist wears full PPE (gloves, gown, face mask and face shield).
3. The donor will also wear a face mask that we can provide.
4. The helper who is normally in the room waits outside the room to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
We are also requesting the following from our blood donors:
1. Have your temperature checked. There are temperature checks at the entrance to the hospital and the Ground and First Floor of the Alfred Centre
2. Once you reach the ACBD, sign a declaration for the following:
- That you currently do not have Covid-19 or cold/flu like symptoms.
- Have not travelled internationally within the last 14 days.
- Have not been in close contact with or living with a confirmed positive case within the last 14 days.
- Have not received a positive Covid-19 screening test this year.
Just a reminder that we provide $10.00 to cover the cost of your parking/travel costs.
If you are available on any of these dates between 8.30 am -10.00 am could you please contact Ms Nikki Kara to arrange an appointment time.
PA/DAO to Professor Harshal Nandurkar,
Director of Clinical Haematology, Alfred Health
Head, Australian Centre for Blood Diseases, Monash University
Monash AMREP building
Level 1, Walkway, via The Alfred Centre
99 Commercial Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004
P: +61 3 9903 0122
F: +61 3 9903 0228