|CCS won ten NHMRC Ideas Grants in the 2020 round.|
Monash Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences researchers have continued their success in the latest round of funding, awarded in excess of $40m, across 43 projects in the highly competitive 2020 NHMRC Ideas Grant scheme, for innovative research projects.
Congratulations to Central Clinical School's ten NHMRC Idea grant recipients. See more about the CCS projects, below. The grant income for the school from this round totals $9.5M across the period 2021-2025.
Commiserations to our researchers whose grants were ranked very highly, but nonetheless missed out.
Australian Centre for Blood Diseases
- Gene editing to cure sickle cell disease - Professor Andrew Perkins
- Preventing diabetic complications using anti-inflammatory peptides - Dr Christos Tikellis
- Cytosine methylation predicts diabetic nephropathy progression - Professor Sam El-Osta
- Serum neurofilament light as a biomarker to improve management of mild traumatic brain injuries - Dr Stuart McDonald
- Therapeutic targeting of interleukin-22 for severe pediatric urinary tract infection and associated renal complications - Dr Malcolm Starkey
- Molecular dissection of allergen sensitisation and immunotherapy: direct application to precision medicine in treatment of asthmavan - Associate Professor Menno van Zelm
- Manipulating antibody production to maximise memory in vaccine responses - Dr Isaac Quast
- Harnessing tyrosine metabolism to combat respiratory diseases - Professor Benjamin Marsland