The Epworth Centre for Innovation in Mental Health (ECIMH) is looking for volunteers for research into the most effective way of using transcranial alternating current stimulation (tACS) for reduced motivation in Huntington's disease (HD).
See details below for eligibility, what's involved and who to contact.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible to take part if you:
- Are right-handed and aged between 18 and 75;
- Are gene positive for HD;
- Have no health conditions and would like to be part of the control group.
- Three separate sessions of 2-3 hours duration at the Epworth Camberwell (after hours appointments available and free onsite parking).
- During each session you receive 20 minutes of tACS; a safe, painless, non-invasive means of stimulating nerve cells in the brain.
- Potential participants are screened for eligibility and reimbursed for their time.
Find out more or contact:
Phone: 0435 940 161
Ethics approval: Alfred Hospital Human Research Ethics Committee Project Number 485/18